A&H

Hashtag United

JH

RefChat Addict
A couple of interesting decisions from their supply league game:

1. Red card challenge, no foul given.
2. Late offside flag, poor challenge, no sanction given.

The Referee Store
So on a scale 1-10 with 6-8 RP and 9-10 SFP, I'm possibly an 8 for the first tackle, meaning a definite YC for RP and the second challenge doesn't therefore happen. In real time, i'm an 8 on the second tackle as well, but the replay doesn't look good
The offside flag looks dubious at best. The tardy raising of it achieves nothing and the ref is in a poor position to see the assault on the keeper. Indeed, the ref is oblivious to it (along with the faltering assistant)
Oh and the ref looks heavier than me, which is encouraging!

Last edited:
So on a scale 1-10 with 6-8 RP and 9-10 SFP, I'm possibly an 8 for the first tackle, meaning a definite YC for RP and the second challenge doesn't therefore happen. In real time, i'm an 8 on the second tackle as well, but the replay doesn't look good
The offside flag looks dubious at best. The late raising of it achieves nothing and the ref is in a poor position to see the assault on the keeper. Indeed, the ref is oblivious to it (along with the faltering assistant)
Oh and the ref looks heavier than me, which is encouraging!
He's got to go for me, studs into the shin is just not acceptable. Don't think the other player being right there helps the officials see it, I can only assume they haven't.
1544561739409.png

Reactions: one
Not sure what else he can do RE the offside. He's waiting for the player to get involved, he sees there's going to be a clash with the keeper, he raises the flag. What else can he do?

Not sure what else he can do RE the offside. He's waiting for the player to get involved, he sees there's going to be a clash with the keeper, he raises the flag. What else can he do?

You utilise the wait and see unless its clear the wait and see willl result in a car crash?

What prizes are given out for waiting till gk is sparked out before going, oh, btw, striker was offside?!!!

Sometimes I hate to admit it, but safe refeering rules supreme.

It's already clear here that nobody else is going for it and the attacker and keeper will potentially clash. Strong whistle at this moment prevents an injury.
1544562140315.png

You utilise the wait and see unless its clear the wait and see willl result in a car crash?

What prizes are given out for waiting till gk is sparked out before going, oh, btw, striker was offside?!!!

Sometimes I hate to admit it, but safe refeering rules supreme.

As soon as I can see the keeper running out in that clip, the flag goes up. Don't know ho wmuch earlier he could genuinely have done it without it being premature?

He's got to go for me, studs into the shin is just not acceptable. Don't think the other player being right there helps the officials see it, I can only assume they haven't.
View attachment 2780
Real time is King and then replays confirm or disprove decisions. Slow-mo's are misleading and freeze frames aren't worth aging the pixels on my monitor
Anyone who wants to argue SFP for the second lunge, won't be running into much resistance from me, although i might have missed it in-flight

As soon as I can see the keeper running out in that clip, the flag goes up. Don't know ho wmuch earlier he could genuinely have done it without it being premature?

I got a pumping for it in a senior game. I was same, when should I flag?
Was told, its only the striker who is ever getting that ball (assuming he is off) so flag and if its too early, let ref decide
The observer that day was ex fifa ref, i think it does matter how you view things, as Ar i thought I was doing the right thing...

Real time is King. Replays confirm or disprove decisions. Slow-mo's are misleading and freeze frames aren't worth aging the pixels on my monitor
Anyone who wants to argue SFP for the second lunge, won't be running into much resistance from me
I'm not saying the still tells us everything, but it shows the contact point and the part of the foot he connected with. Force + contact point + studs = red for me. In addition, the yellow player is in the middle of a kick, making it even more dangerous when he connects.

I got a pumping for it in a senior game. I was same, when should I flag?
Was told, its only the striker who is ever getting that ball (assuming he is off) so flag and if its too early, let ref decide
The observer that day was ex fifa ref, i think it does matter how you view things, as Ar i thought I was doing the right thing...

Fair enough, with a full back line there I don't think it's too clear. Tbh I would have done similar to this AR, if not a fraction earlier.

I'm not saying the still tells us everything, but it shows the contact point and the part of the foot he connected with. Force + contact point + studs = red for me. In addition, the yellow player is in the middle of a kick, making it even more dangerous when he connects.
There were a few freeze frames doing the rounds during the World Cup that were utterly misleading on their own
Even VAR are not supposed to use them for incidents of this nature. But then, VARs seemingly make up the rules as they go along

There were a few freeze frames doing the rounds during the World Cup that were utterly misleading on their own
Even VAR are not supposed to use them for incidents of this nature. But then, VARs seemingly make up the rules as they go along
I told you what I used it for, in that context it was not misleading.

Right. I've tidied this up now.

Happy for discussions of the decisions and merits of them. Also happy for comments/suggestions on how to improve the scenario but personal comments not relating to the incident/quoting of such comments to provoke reaction is unacceptable.

The AR has done the right thing here. At first it looks like there's no chance for the attacker to get involved - or possibly even being held by the defender. As soon as it looks like involvement becomes possible, AR has raised the flag. IMO he was right to hold the flag for a few moments.
But my god, what on earth is that referee doing?

The first one is just a disgusting challenge. We can all see that's a red card. High studs, straight leg, right into the path of the follow-through. It's the sort of thing you get specifically taught as a red card when you start.
The 2nd one is also a very clear red card. High, very late studs to the gut.
Some rather worrying clips.
Of course, the referee was very far behind play - and also in the wrong position. You never run directly behind play like this. Angle off. Heck, even if you get trapped into angling onto your AR's side, it's still better than chasing directly behind.
These decisions are somewhat frightening. I desperately hope these are an aberration for this official.

Back