A&H

Harrogate v Salford

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Am currently watching this......must be some forum regulars involved in this league, or have been?

Its like a top flight reserve match, without the skill, seems very tame and low key??

The Referee Store
And the officials were doing ok till a Salford pk which should have produced a DOGSO red and pen, was only a yellow and pen
Not a tackle as such for ball, a pushy/pully bowling over thing, and should have received a red card.

more interestingly, at the taking of the pen, the ref stood with back to ball simply watching for encroachment. New one on me...

Wasn't surprised with a yellow for the foul, you may be right, looked like a tangle of legs rather than a tackle or attempt to play the ball.

Agree about the position, he was very close to the spot and back to goal, odd. Didn't prevent any encroachment!

Wasn't surprised with a yellow for the foul, you may be right, looked like a tangle of legs rather than a tackle or attempt to play the ball.

Agree about the position, he was very close to the spot and back to goal, odd. Didn't prevent any encroachment!

yes bizarre, its one of those, if your going to take up an unorthodox position, then, try make sure its justified....that said, it was a goal so we don't know what happens otherwise..

yellow far too easy an option for weak refs here, there is a trend of refs hiding behind the DOGSO law change as excuse not to show red........

I can see why you could go red, justified in law for sure. It does seem at odds with the aim of the law (as in it looked like an accidental tangle of legs rather than shirt pull or push) but obviously that doesn't matter!

Think the assessor will back him

there is however a worrying trend of token yellows being handed out , as an easy option, rather than the rightful red, very much so in public park football

I understand it, its easier and less hassle, give the (dodgy) pen 2 season ago and its a pk and red, now, you can give the (dodgy) pen and sound like a hero to the player by not sending him off....

weak referees will use that as a smokescreen for game management.

Reactions: es1
That sub/discussion was odd!

I don't have sound so am totally lost!!! No idea at all !!! I thought for a min a team had used the allocated amount of subs already, that was my guess but, clearly not

Away from refereeing, interesting to see Adam Rooney on bench for Salford having left Aberdeen to go there and double his wages....not saying much for Scottish game if he would rather sit there than play v Celtic and Rangers and reach 4/5 domestic finals :(

4th putting the board up then down then up.

Harrogate getting annoyed that they weren't able to make the sub

Having a word with Salford manager (looked deserved)

On we go! Just looked messy

Cant wait for the SCFC documentary at the end of the season, the other 2/3 have been fantastic viewing seeing the climb up the tables...

I don't have sound so am totally lost!!! No idea at all !!! I thought for a min a team had used the allocated amount of subs already, that was my guess but, clearly not

Away from refereeing, interesting to see Adam Rooney on bench for Salford having left Aberdeen to go there and double his wages....not saying much for Scottish game if he would rather sit there than play v Celtic and Rangers and reach 4/5 domestic finals :(

To be fair he's 5th top scorer and looking at the stats he's played almost 1000 less minutes than the other top scorers in the league and he doesn't take penalties like they do. If he gets Salford up then it's been a great signing, as a city fan I hope he doesn't :) the owners of Salford had a lot to say when the Sheikh took over City about "buying the league" etc. Now they're pumping money into a non league club and Mr Nevilles best mate owns 50% of the club, Peter Lim (billionaire). He also owns Valencia.......

Rant over, but yes it doesn't say alot about the Scottish game. There's this weird financial paradox in English football at the moment when PL clubs are rich, every championship club is losing money at an alarming rate and national league's clubs are owned by millionaires (Fylde) and billionaires + 5 millionaire footballers. Crazy times

Back