A&H

Handball SPA PIOP

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
I have had a fantastic week TBH, I had a cracking game on the line today with national U17s, incredible intense. Last night was a serious mens game. I was on the line. My ref did fine, got unlucky with a couple of advantages and maybe missed a few cards.

But one no-card I think he got right - but what do you think...? (Apologies if we've had this before)

I've got 2 whites in offside positions in front of me, white are breaking through the middle, 40 yards from goal, white midfielder lofts the through ball, blue defender handles to stop the through ball to one of the players in an offside position.

The handball DFK is whistled. And no card. After the game I said I thought that was good. How can there be an SPA offence if the through ball would have led to offside and IDFK? (The ref confessed he didn't give it as it would've been a second yellow, but that's another story!)

The Referee Store
DFK but no caution seems right, for exactly that reason, in this case.
Generally it would depend on whether there were any other attackers that may have got to the ball if the P(s)IOP had avoided involvement, but that doesn't seem likely if the ball was being sent straight at a PIOP.

Back