A&H

Great setting a player up for a caution

Reg Perrin

Level 4 Referee
I thought this great to see on the Dortmund v Liverpool game. I wasn't half laughing as the keeper thought he'd escaped a caution for dissent. Once he'd calmed down boom take that!!!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Only bit of the game I saw was Moreno jumping in two footed near the corner flag, got the ball first but also plenty of his opponent on the follow through. Wasn't even given as a foul! :confused:

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

32F2C09800000578-0-image-a-79_1460062666265.jpg

32F2C08C00000578-0-image-a-81_1460062673453.jpg

:mad:

Last edited:
Both feet off ground,studs up practically flying horizontal.... Caution and free kick every time for me

He was more than a bit lucky. :)

As a Liverpool supporter, that was a great decision! Especially when ref was cautioning for next to nothing in the first half (Can for instance)

Moreno was very lucky that the young (17?) American lad didn't do what 95% of top flight footballers would do and make a meal of it.
It was an easy red for the ref to give if Pulsousiusic (sic) had tumbled.
Liverpool fan here. Amazed there was no yellow.
Hummels was amazing. Like David Luiz on steroids. Lofted outside of the boot assist followed by atrocious defending.

Sturridge has no future under Klopp. As great a finisher as he is, he pulls out of tackles. Whether he is afraid because of previous injury or just afraid, he actually pulls out of tackles. He just doesn't offer any strength without the ball. In retrospect Suarez was even better than I thought! Well impressed with the Divock in the first half. Real all round play. Adebeyor in his prime. If he can keep getting stronger and make good decisions. If Coutinho had been at the game and on his wavelength we would have got more chances last night.

Should be a great return.

Sturbridge just needs to get his confidence back. I'll be surprised if Divock keeps him out of the team.

He was more than a bit lucky. :)

As a Liverpool supporter, that was a great decision! Especially when ref was cautioning for next to nothing in the first half (Can for instance)
Same referee for the Man U match and I think he did the same there, with a slightly harsh yellow on Henderson within the first 5 minutes. A deliberate technique to try and take control early on perhaps?

Both feet off ground,studs up practically flying horizontal.... Caution and free kick every time for me
At the player, that's a red card. You'd only keep it as a caution if he got the ball and was really nowhere near the player. Looks like it has the potential to cause serious injury/breakage from the images.

Back