A&H

Good quality flags

msportstars

I might be mistaken and this might have been touched on or discussed before but I wonder if anyone can help. Alot of times working with referee's that have been in the game a lot longer than myself they have very nice constructed flags, generally wooden poles, nice chunky grips and very top material for the flags, I can only seem to find cheap metal and foam ones that last no time at all?

If anyone can point me to better quality ones I would be most appreciative!

The Referee Store
I use the "Quadro I" by B&D. They cost around 40€, but sure are worth the money. And of course, if you are using CARs, the cheap foam ones will do just fine.

Hi msportstars, I often buy the cheap ones off eBay or a dedicated ref website, they usually last half a season. The flags you're talking about are no longer made, which is why maybe the more 'experienced' refs have them.

The next best thing in my opinion are Touchline flags LINK. These are great flags, but I would also buy a couple of the locks as back up too as these are the most common items to disappear. A&H International are great for kit, I'm sure other websites are grand but I won't use anyone else anymore!

Touchline did the good solid flags with the rubber grip, but they've switched to the plastic handles now, so if you want the old ones you'll have to shop around on used selling sites like ebay.

Their modern ones are fine though if you have assistants. Keep the cheap crap for club linesmen, you don't want them smashing your good stuff into the ground etc.

Back