A&H

GK collects balls - fouls striker

Murri O

Just wondering what would happen if the GK picked the ball up from a through ball (and is now standing still) and then because he thought the striker was getting a bit uppity running so close to him leant over and collected him with his shoulder as he passed by. I'm thinking a solid hit not just a glance. What happens next?

In a similar vein what if the striker runs right up to the GK and gets right up in his face and the GK pushes him in the chest to get out of his face.

I assume you'd call these based on the severity of the action (particularly in the second instance) but what would the sanction be in both cases.

Thanks.

The Referee Store
Just wondering what would happen if the GK picked the ball up from a through ball (and is now standing still) and then because he thought the striker was getting a bit uppity running so close to him leant over and collected him with his shoulder as he passed by. I'm thinking a solid hit not just a glance. What happens next?

In a similar vein what if the striker runs right up to the GK and gets right up in his face and the GK pushes him in the chest to get out of his face.

I assume you'd call these based on the severity of the action (particularly in the second instance) but what would the sanction be in both cases.

Thanks.
In the first example, think law - if the goalkeeper has committed an offence listed in Law 12 it's a penalty. If not, play continues.
In the second instance, same approach - has the attacker committed an offence? Has the goalkeeper committed an offence?
Safe refereeing suggests penalise the attacker, rather than a penalty, otherwise attackers will get in the goalkeeper's face every time for the rest of the game and want penalties.

How is that a FK to the GK if the GK pushed the striker? (In the second example.)

What are we pinning on the striker here?

Exact same as already posted, sensible and safe to simply award fk to gk, send out a message we wont be having any of this
If its needed justified in law, " getting right up in his face" can easy fall into " prevents the gk from releasing the ball"

expectations too would be getting right into the gk face, esp when he has the ball, should be penalised ( in the absence of safely being able to play on)

How is that a FK to the GK if the GK pushed the striker? (In the second example.)

What are we pinning on the striker here?
It's a You Had To Be There situation, but it really depends if the referee decides the striker has done anything wrong. If he's contacted the GK, said anything that could be considered over the line, or made any action that inhibits the GK's release, he's committed an offence before the GK did. Therefore that determines the restart even if you do also feel the need to card the GK for his reaction.

Seen many vids of a keeper, don't know who the guys is (possibly South American), clearly a sandwich short of a picnic, who would goad and encourage the attacker to go for the loose ball, before gabbing it at the last minute or diving at the attacker's feet aggressively and on occasion feigning injury in the process. :eek:

Back