A&H

Getting Back into Refereeing

Ged Young 22

Level 5 Referee
Hi all, I'm looking for some help- I had been refereeing for some 25 years in both Lancashire & West Riding. I reached Level 5 as a referee, was a qualified referee assessor & held various positions on the committees of both local a county leagues. Unfortunately app: 4 years I had to stop in order to undergo cancer treatment & recovery. I am now fully recovered & want to get "back on the whistle". I have emailed Cheshire FA a number or times but no one has called/emailed me to offer any hep or advise (I currently live just south of Chester. Any Help or advise would be appreciated. GED

A&H International
Hello,

Great to hear you are fully recovered and ready to get going again.

The referee development officer is Ryan bostock according to Cheshire FA. (I worked with him once or twice when I lived up that way but that has nothing to do with your enquiry.)

The advertised email address is referees@cheshirefa.com

If you ring it might be better to ask for Ryan by name.

With the time that's elapsed unless you stayed registered I think you will have to start from scratch so it may as well be best to just book onto a course that is local(ISH) to you. Being in Chester I wouldn't exclude Liverpool County FA even if it's just to get qualified.

Hi James, Thanks for your thoughts/comments. I will give Cheshire another try (although when you hear how short of referees these counties are you'd think after 4 emails & 2 "left messages" someone would get back to you???) I will certainly give Liverpool a try. G

So- following my posy 29/08 I immediately called Cheshire FA but no answer. I then went on line and "raised a ticket" with my request for information. Guess what - still no one has called or emailed me. I can therefor only assume there is absolutely no shortage of referees, referee trainers or someone with 20+ years of refereeing experience. I guess its time:yawn: to look further afield (perhaps Liverpool as recommended) .

Back