A&H

Game on?

The Referee Store
If the ground is kept open (by the owners (whomever they are) then game on for me. Where i am they often close the ground early to preserve the turf. If you can play in this:

Then you can certainly play in that :)

Believe it or not... I've had worse.

That mud-bath in the corner of the pitch? I had that across the entire pitch. The away team protested heavily that it was unsafe and the ball wouldn't bounce. Unfortunately for them, the ball did bounce, the weather was fine and I felt it was enough to go. So we got on with it, no one got injured, but we did get very filthy.

If the ground is kept open (by the owners (whomever they are) then game on for me. Where i am they often close the ground early to preserve the turf. If you can play in this:

Then you can certainly play in that :)

That is frankly amazing. :O

Geez, game on, what’s the problem with that? It’s Briitian, it rains, we have mud, never ever been unsafe. You’d readily play on a hardened dust bowl in August without a thought. That’s far more dangerous that this ever was!

Have to agree, no standing water that i can see. Nothing wrong with a bit of mud. If you saw some of the pitches i played on as a kid, not a blade of grass to be seen!!

I thought this would have been a safety hazard as of reply #1, surely the studs aren't being accepted by the pitch and the players are sliding about like a skating rank and getting stuck in the mud?

I thought this would have been a safety hazard as of reply #1, surely the studs aren't being accepted by the pitch and the players are sliding about like a skating rank and getting stuck in the mud?
Not ideal but i would NOT (EDIT) consider that unsafe. We don't get frozen pitches here but those who do get it I think are far more unsafe that this one. So are rock hard dry dust bowls which no one has problems playing on.

Last edited:

Football has been played quite safely for 160 years on pitches like and far worse than that. God help the snowflakes if they cant adapt to this pitch as its presented. 90% of a season would be wiped out if they were just the warmed grass games only!!

Back