A&H

game I was watching

ref11

I was watching an U13 league game and one team was easily winning the game 5-0 after a few minutes. The manager of the team winning decided he would place some of his players on the other team to give them a chance so we had maybe 14 v 8. What would you do as referee in this scenario?

The Referee Store
For me being a strict sob I wouldn't allow it (but its 15 years since I did jnr football ) maybe the better way was for the manager to take off 1 or 2 of his own players
look fwd. to other comments...........................

Friendly game - do what they want

League game - as this was - for the intrgrity of the League (and other clubs who might be affected by the result / score-line) - I'm with Mike above ... happy for a team to 'rest' some of it's players :)

league game, no, friendly, yes.

i've known one or two coaches in youth league games who have played defenders in attack and attackers in defence if they feel that the scoreline is going to get 'silly' or worked on getting their boys to pass the ball around and keep control of it but never had anyone taking players off

As said above - never in a league game. Even though both teams agreed, you don't know who's watching and anybody could report you.

If they started the game with one team then they stay with that team during the game no matter what type of game. If they want to keep the same strip but tackle their own team mates then there's nothing I can do since they are not doing anything illegal. If they change strip and one team has more than 11 players hen I'm stopping it because of contracts etc

If one player who switches gets injured, the insurance won't pay out if it is serious and then you'll be up I front of a disciplinary for allowing such an action to happen. May be fun for the players but it's Not worth it for me.

Back