A&H

Free kick

Zimmyman

Just an odd one player gets free kick ref marks spot to be taken with spray !!! But player decides to take the ball back 5-6 yards from the marked spot is this allowed ??? I know they cannot move forward of the spot ! But backwards What happens ??????????

The Referee Store
Just an odd one player gets free kick ref marks spot to be taken with spray !!! But player decides to take the ball back 5-6 yards from the marked spot is this allowed ??? I know they cannot move forward of the spot ! But backwards What happens ??????????
No. The free kick must be taken from the position of the offence, save for a couple of exceptions (PK, off field etc.)

Wonder if the timing of your post coincides with K Friend allowing MU to do exactly that?

Did he allow the wall to move closer?
MU moved the ball back, as it was otherwise too close to the corner of the PA for shot
Another irritating bit of refereeing, was when Black & White's were in possession and KF stopped the game for a MU injury. The ref gave the dropped ball to the home team despite strong protestations from Matty Longstaff. These are things I'd expect a County Referee to be marked down for in an observation. Not as inexcusable as Newcastle's inept performance however

Back