A&H

Fouled after shooting

SM

The avuncular one
One of my pet hates tonight. Twice.

The striker shoots and immediately is fouled by a sliding player in the penalty area. Properly clattered. Shot went wide on both occasions.

"It doesn't matter if I foul him after he shoots.. You can't give he penalty!"

Sheesh

The Referee Store
Yip. The ball was still in play at the time of the foul.

It's one of them grey areas. I know some referees go with "you have had your chance, tough"

Tangent(ish) This used to happen in the World Cup 2002 Playstation game. Would always end with the defender being red-carded and a penalty, even if the shot went in!

Only happened to me once - caution sufficed.

I've had it once or twice myself. In one incident the player pretty much wiped out the other one to the point the guy was up ended and falling through the air, then looked in disbelief when I blew. I find them rare though, I find a little common sense can be applied to these situations as well as it's attempting to defend a goal, most challenges are fair.

Lol tealeaf

@matty639 It is odd, I cannot think of another time I have seen this type of challenge so blatantly made. Off feet, sliding across, taking the man late. Naughty.

3 penalties last night against one team (the tackles above, plus a "slip" which wiped out an attacker) and the Kepler saved all 3. Preseason games eh?

Meh. Preseason, they won 4-0. The keeper saved 3 penalties. Nobody shown a card.

Back