A&H

Forest V Leeds

On a day were people again seem to be complaining about Referee's I am writing about Lee Probert who had an awesome game today. This was Only Mr Proberts second championship game in his last 17 Appointments.

Main points today

Forest players appeal for offside when leeds scored but correct to keep the flag down because Paul Green was onside when the ball was played!

Caution for Brown correct his second silly challenge in quick succession so correct imo (In my opinion)

Shout of the day goes to the sky sports commentators who after Brown and Green have both been cautioned and says "Well that's Yellow for Green and Brown, So it looks like were going through the Rainbow"

Penalty Claim for Billy Sharp which should have been given when he was tugged back inside the area But neither Lee or his assistant gave it and this was the only bad thing I picked up and was in clear view of the Assistant on that side.

Second Penalty Claim for Billy Sharp was correctly awarded correct and you could tell from Tom Lee's tackle! Good finish from the spot to make it 1-1

Correct decision by the AR to disallow Sharps 3rd goal for offside! All together all 4 officials have worked very well together letting the game flow and not making it all about them.

As a match day secretary I would probably mark them all 85+ they have just been that good. No points of controversy for Lee or either of his Assistants who consistently worked well together and handled what could have been a very tasty encounter between two heated rivals.

Chant of the day goes to Forest who's fan clearly sung "You should have gone to the sales" to the Leeds fans who again turned up in there big Numbers

The Referee Store
as a leeds fan, I'd just like to clarify that forest are NOT a big rival of leeds (from our point of view).
however Leeds appear to be big rivals to everyone else...

Other than that totally agree, spot on decisions for the penalty given, and there should have been a second for the challenge a few moments earlier. Whilst the result wasnt perfect (from my POV) the reffing was exemplary.

Back