A&H

Forecast Fifties

FirsFox40

Level 4 Referee
Hey gang, I've run this game on a club forum for years and finally thought (and asked - thanks Ross) to bring it here. A new season is nearly upon us, so time to flex those guessing skills and outwit your fellow match officials for bragging rights and possibly a naff comedy prize like some Everton toffees, a Spurs pillow case, a cardboard cut-out of a Brentford leftback, or a job as sporting director at Old Trafford. (Three of these previously awarded on that particular club's message board)

TLDR: It's a bit like Super 6.

How It Works

Each weekend throughout the season, I will select five matches and you can predict the full-time score with a wager.
On each match you must wager 1-2-3-4-5 using each whole number once and only once. Five matches, five wagers.

Scoring
If your prediction is correct you receive 3x the wager you placed upon it. (So: 3-6-9-12-15 points are awarded)
If your prediction isn't correct but the result is correct (home win, away win, draw), you'll receive 1x that wager.
If you predict a win for a team and they lose the match, you will be deducted your wager placed on the game.
There will be a bonus game for five points - "This player/team will..." - theme chosen on a whim each week.
Maximum of 50 points per week available, hence the game's name. (Used to do 1-10, admin nightmare!)

FIVE MATCHES. GUESS SCORES. PUT 1-5 ON IT. GET POINTS.

Technicalities

Game weeks will be posted on Monday for the next weekend.
Cup matches use results at the 90th minute full-time whistle.
Enter by replying to the thread or by private message.
Entries close at kick-off of whatever the first match is.
Changes accepted until the first match kicks-off.
Postponements / abandonments marked as 0.
FotMob is gospel at time of checking it.

Fixtures for each game week will be posted in this thread. If you miss a week having previously entered then it's 0 points that week. If you wish to join after we've begun then you're more than able to and will be awarded a catch-up score of the total of each previous week's lowest individual points for each missed round. The opening round of fixtures shall be 18th August and run over 40 weeks to 18th May 2025.

Fire away with any questions, and I'll post the Week One fixtures after the Community Shield.

~ FFF x

A&H International
I'm in.
Not clear how the bonus 5 points works but I guess I can find out on first round. Max winning score is 2000. What was last year's club comp winning score?

Oh another question, if entering late, does that mean they can start with a negative 'catch up' score if lowest score in previous rebounds were negative?

Last edited:
I'm in.
Not clear how the bonus 5 points works but I guess I can find out on first round. Max winning score is 2000. What was last year's club comp winning score?
Went to the wire! 662-654-631 the top three (41 players). A score above 20 generally seen as a really good week. Single digits not uncommon.

The 5 bonus points comes from something that I'll set up each week, like predicting a player who will score that day, a team who'll score three, or keep a clean sheet, a player who'll be booked etc, total number of goals in League 2 that day, etc. It'll make sense on the first round, and I just pick something as the mood/wine takes me
😆

Reactions: one
Oh another question, if entering late, does that mean they can start with a negative 'catch up' score if lowest score in previous rebounds were negative?
Good question, hasn't come up before. Will just count those as a 0-week for latecomers.

Reactions: one
Be careful, we don't want any suspicion of foul play!
My MUM won it one year when we had a Facebook group for it and plenty of fingers were pointed at yours truly. All above board! 😂 For what it’s worth, I’ve been historically crap at this.

Back