A&H

For the love of the game.....

IslandReferee

Aloha my fellow referees from The Garden Isle. I just wanted to say Mahalo to everyone here that posts. There have been times when I need some support. I am the assignor, admin, and referee on my tiny rock and sometimes I just need to log in and check out what everyone has to offer. It really helps and I support you all from halfway across the world. I love the game and the grassroots which we have mostly here which is why I do it week in and week out. My daughter is jumping in the middle tomorrow for her first games at center. She is excited, as I am but also nervous but I have learned that no matter what, as referees, we all support each other no matter where we are. I still keep hoping some of you will vacation in my neck of the woods and I can put you to work!. LOL. Shef there is a sweet beach park that has your name written all over it and I will even set up the tent!.

Anyway cheers for now. I wish you all a great weekend of futbol and thanks for you doing what you do!.

Mahalo.

The Referee Store
My son qualified and I watched him do a kids game, I wanted to input and critique but I didn’t. Let them get on with it, we’ve all made mistakes, games have gone south, sometimes you have to make these errors to learn from them... time to let your baby grow her own wings @IslandReferee

My son qualified and I watched him do a kids game, I wanted to input and critique but I didn’t. Let them get on with it, we’ve all made mistakes, games have gone south, sometimes you have to make these errors to learn from them... time to let your baby grow her own wings @IslandReferee

Agreed Shef and good advice as a parent of a referee. She will do fine and I will most likely just tell her to work her magic as she knows best. She is her own human as we all are and can only learn from the experience.

I agree, Sheff - when my daughter refereed for a few years (she has since given up in favour of playing) I used to watch some of her games but only offered advice if she asked for it. She sometimes had queries on points of law that I was happy to answer but otherwise I preferred to stay out of it.

Back