A&H

Fixtures ?

Reece

Level 6 Referee
Hi as most of you probably know that i am a new referee and this is my first season so i have a lot of questions about fixtures if you dont mind.

Yesturday i sent my registration form off for a league. How long will it take to recieve my fixtures and are the fixtures until the end of the season ?

how do you reveive your fixtures e.g. through post or email ?
Can you ask to change a fixture or cancel one as well ??

Thank you

The Referee Store
The leagues where I referee usually do fixtures on a monthly basis, so we receieve fixtures around 7-14 days before each calendar month. All leagues are different, so they will have different ways of distributing appointments, whether it be by email, post or on the league's website.

If you don't want a fixture on a certain date, you have to 'close' the date with the league (basically tell them you are not available on that date, and they won't give you a game). If you get a game and discover you cannot do it, then call/text/email the Referees Appointments Secretary from your league and tell them. I wouldn't ask to change a fixture, as you should really treat all fixtures the same.

Hope this helps!

I've been on leagues where the referee secretary rings you on a weekly basis to allocate fixtures. Most leagues allocate them monthly in my experience.

Yeah, Norfolk FA tend to give you fixtures during the last week of each month for the month ahead by post or email, whichever you ask them to do.

Back