A&H

First or second.

dbo5ton

Level 4 Referee
Tackle in the first half, yellow card all day. As ive blown and on way across, lad that's been fouled gets up and boots his fouler ( if that's a word). I show red card and lad leaves. Followed by yellow card for original foul. DFK is given for the original foul, but people are claiming the second foul becomes the most serious and the DFK should now be for the red card offence.

Can someone please enlighten me

The Referee Store
Tackle in the first half, yellow card all day. As ive blown and on way across, lad that's been fouled gets up and boots his fouler ( if that's a word). I show red card and lad leaves. Followed by yellow card for original foul. DFK is given for the original foul, but people are claiming the second foul becomes the most serious and the DFK should now be for the red card offence.

Can someone please enlighten me
Law 12
  • If the ball is out of play, play is restarted according to the previous decision
Law 5
  • punishes the more serious offence, in terms of sanction, restart, physical severity and tactical impact, when more than one offence occurs at the same time
The former usurps the latter because the offences did not happen at the same time

Back