A&H

First OA game today !

The Referee Store
You cop less from outside the field but more from on the field.

It may be a little more physical but it doesn't necessarily mean more fouls.

First OA game today after first season doing youth football, it exactly the same isn’t it ? ( I hope 🤞)

Hope it went well mate, I only did youth last year and have also made the 'step up' this season.
So far i've done 2 x OA friendlies, 1 x Sunday league game and 1 x Saturday morning game today.
Loving it to be fair, learning all the time, make sure they know your the boss!

Same here...first OA male game anyway. Enjoyed it more being able to communicate with the players on an adult level, feel a bit like a PE teacher at times with junior football.

There’s a lot more ’feedback’ from players in regards to your decisions but nothing was OTT, or they would’ve been sin binned!

Ruled out a goal for OS which was incorrect. Apparently the LB was deeper than the CB’s, who were a yard behind the goal scorer, but he was out of my field of view. Apologised for getting it wrong- explained why I gave OS and they all appreciated it.

Things to learn from but looking forward to next week.

I had 2 off in my first OA game before half time too!! I didn't cause either and both 100% reds.... Just ref what you see!!!

Back to youth today and it was a nightmare! Parents acting like kids, kids thinking they can do and say what they want. First sin-bin today though and it worked a treat.

Back