A&H

First managerial dismissal

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
New experience for me,,,,dismissing a manager :redcard:
He exclaimed, 'I'll see to it that you never referee another game'. Anyone care to explain exactly how that works?
Challenging game on the whole (top of the table, both teams have form). Kept the players on a leash (just about), just a loud mouth, bully type of manager who'll get an FA slap on the wrists

The Referee Store
If I had a pound for every time a manager threatened that I'd never referee again, I'd have a match fee. Dismiss it as talk, no one manager who threatens such action ever has the balls to go through with it. Mainly because they know they don't have a leg to stand on!

Given that Rangers issued a statement more of less saying they dont wish William Collum to referee another game, you are in good company !

Assume he's going to take your whistle away and not give it back. ;)

It's an empty threat, probably thinks he has more influence than he does.

Zero influence. Just a walking foghorn, emitting constant intimidatory din
Bit surprised that I didn't hesitate. No warnings, just a 'I'm not having that, you're dismissed'. He played the physio card unfortunately, which probably shows he knows the ropes

Speaking as a former RefsSec I would fairly regularly get an email saying "we don't want that referee ever again". Those requests would never be honoured, at least not unless the referee himself had asked not to be appointed to them again. The only exception is if there was outstanding misconduct from the game, as it would be wrong to send the referee back to the same time whilst a misconduct case involving him and them is open.

Speaking as a former RefsSec I would fairly regularly get an email saying "we don't want that referee ever again". Those requests would never be honoured, at least not unless the referee himself had asked not to be appointed to them again. The only exception is if there was outstanding misconduct from the game, as it would be wrong to send the referee back to the same time whilst a misconduct case involving him and them is open.
I'd look forward to reffing them again. In a few months time that is! I want difficult experiences, otherwise there's nothing to learn

There is nothing quite like turning up to a game containing a team that you've had previous with to hear either (or both) "Not him again" or "You know what he's like, keep it shut today"

Back