A&H

First game's since last season

Dino Ref

Evening gents,

Just had my first two games today since last season.

First one I personally thought went horribly. Players didn't understand the new rules with one blaming me for them claiming I am ruining the game. (Thanks FA)

Second one was a lot easier since it was 6-0. Again a bit of explaining had to be done to some players with the new goal kick rule but overall a calm game.

Hopefully as the season begins players and managers will come to terms with the new rules and I very much look forward to it.

The Referee Store
Players didn't understand the new rules with one blaming me for them claiming I am ruining the game.
In no way surprised that players are not yet up to speed with new laws. But I'm curious as to how any of the changes can 'ruin the game'. Just don't see alterations to Coin Toss, Goal Kicks, Substitutions or Drop Balls as that fundamental? Whilst the handball change is not that extreme versus where we previously were ...

In no way surprised that players are not yet up to speed with new laws. But I'm curious as to how any of the changes can 'ruin the game'. Just don't see alterations to Coin Toss, Goal Kicks, Substitutions or Drop Balls as that fundamental? Whilst the handball change is not that extreme versus where we previously were ...
I did a Junior PL pre-season game yesterday in which a team scored with two touches (not the same player ;)) from a DB because the defensive team all backed off. Early season might be interesting...

Back