A&H

First Game Today

micky2001

Had my first game (well 2 technically) as a ref today. 2 teams from each club at under 11. First game brilliant and only 1 goal in it. Second game tougher and also only 1 goal in it with a penalty to each team, hard to judge though because it was 7-aside on 11 pitch so no markings.

Apart from falling over and breaking my pen In 2nd minute I was reasonably happy with my performance and was in perfect position to call no goal on a tight "goal / no goal" situation. Just need to work more on communication with players.

The Referee Store
Well done mate, pleased it went well for you. :) Good luck for your next game and keep enjoying it.

micky2001 said:
Apart from falling over and breaking my pen In 2nd minute
What had you been doing? Can't drink before a game!! Theres a thread about that:rolleyes:!! hope it wasn't your only pen too! Sounds good to me, it will all come with time. The more experience you get the easier it gets. Sounds like you did well and enjoy it!

I just tried to run back and turn at same time and, well, my balance failed haha. Hopefully no one seen me - weren't many jeers from the parents.

I remember my first ever game, being mentored and I didn't realize 'till I arrived that my boots didn't fit me anymore! It was a nightmare, ended up reffing in my trainers and the pitch was soaked. Managed quite well until about 5 minutes from the end when I slipped, had all the parents in stitches as I fell in a big mud puddle in the middle where the pitch had been played on for 70 minutes... needless to say, I was humiliated, but laughed it off along with the parents and players and not another word was said! :p

Back