A&H

First Game Since My Exam...

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
Sooo

ive just been given my first game since re-passing my FIFA exam, on Sunday 9th (next weekends matches and this wekeends had already been arranged)

and the home team is....the team i recently stopped playing for lol

not sure if this is a good or bad thing? i know there are one or 8 players in the team that i was always shocked didnt get sent off week in week out when i played...

do i, as a 'friend' of the manager, have a quiet word and warn him of their behaviour letting him know i won't have any bad language or fouls etc - or do i leave it and thats their problem?

The Referee Store
Good luck Charlie , probably the worst scenario you could face , but im sure you will be fine

keep us updated

You probably shouldn't be doing a team you have connections to. Might be worth having a word with ref sec - either way you're potentially onto a loser with calls of you being biased or having to deal with former team mate players not used to your change of role.

If this is to be your first game, say nothing more than you would ordinarily say to teams.

And enjoy yourself.

thanks @Beezer

im not too worried about it being my old team - i didnt leave on a bad note and i belive there has been alot of ins and outs since i left - more about how to approach the game - i did think though that acting as if its a normal game is best. thanks @Supermonkey

I am surprised you have been given a game involving a team you played for. It's a major no no in my area.

My first supply league line was my previous club, was a bit weird

Also done many games where I've played with half the team previously, not had any problems.

And had former managers to, they were really supportive

I was given an Womens Fa cup 4th round line 2 years ago , my Daughter played up front for one of the sides , when I informed the Fa , I was obviously taken straight off it

Back