A&H

First game of 2014

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
Public school v Selective School - Friendly, 6th form 1st XI's

pitch conditions perfect

4-0 to the Selective, didn't have a single foul in the first half, imho.

only 3 or 4 in the second half, game stopped 5 minutes early, at request of head of sports, due to bad light

£30

job's a good'un

The Referee Store
My first game of the calendar year will be under 10's on astro at 9 o'clock on Saturday morning!!

in the leagues i ref in, they don't put qualified refs on u10 and below at the moment. club refs is the order of the day

One of my junior leagues appoints from U13 upwards, the other from U11 upwards.

Four games planned for this weekend .. one way to get back in the swing after the extended Christmas break ;)

I've got four this weekend as well... One of which being an academy game (my first academy game)

We get appointed games from U11 upwards down here. On the line for an U14 cup game on Sunday, I'd be surprised if it's still on though given the weather recently

I made up for lost time yesterday. Reffed an U-14 cup tie at 10.30; two even teams and managers/supporters who wanted the boys to enjoy themselves. Great.
Then at 12.45, I had a U-16 league game. In Swansea, the U-15 & 16 leagues seldom get a ref, so I was happy to help one of the managers because the last time the teams met "It got a bit heated." A cracker of a game; Reds 3-0 up at one stage, pegged back to 3-2 and hanging on for the last 10 mins. A couple of careless tackles but nothing more; I was able to nip any problems in the bud
I really enjoyed that one and was chuffed coming off the pitch.
Then, I was asked to ref another U-16 game at 2.30. This one was one-way traffic (14-0 to Yellow). Probably a good thing because, with 15 minutes to go, I was seizing up!!
First time I've done 3 games in one day and I was very pleased with myself. Not so smug this morning, when I could hardly move. :)

Nice, I'm usually pretty stiff on a Monday morning after 3 on a Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon stood in the terraces at burton albion and then me regular under 13/14 Sunday fixture

Back