A&H

First event since training

Mark1734

Hi all,

I completed my FA course about 5 weeks ago just as the season was ending,.so haven't managed my 5 initial games yet,
But have signed up for a 5v5 schools tournament next week as I want to get them done.

Naively perhaps I felt a.school tournament would be okay as perhaps less grief will come my way with less spectators and teachers knocking about etc but could be very wrong about that

If people have experience of these type of events then any advice thrown my way would be appreciated.

I have been to tournaments as coach of my sons team and they get feisty at times but never been to a school inter tournament before

Cheers

The Referee Store
Not sure if those 5v5 games will count towards course completion firstly, believe they have to be 9v9 or 11v11 games where offside is in play.

However, besides that, I've done an inter-school 5v5 once, and it was generally quite easy. All well behaved, just a few easy fouls here and there, but it shouldn't be anything too testing or physically demanding, providing the kids are generally alright with you.

Nice way to get your eye in maybe. Let us know how it goes

Hi all,

I completed my FA course about 5 weeks ago just as the season was ending,.so haven't managed my 5 initial games yet,
But have signed up for a 5v5 schools tournament next week as I want to get them done.

Naively perhaps I felt a.school tournament would be okay as perhaps less grief will come my way with less spectators and teachers knocking about etc but could be very wrong about that

If people have experience of these type of events then any advice thrown my way would be appreciated.

I have been to tournaments as coach of my sons team and they get feisty at times but never been to a school inter tournament before

Cheers
I've refed a few games for my school. Normally you get one or two players who will try and play 'the big man' in front of all of their mates. My advice would be to try and get these players on side early and build rapport or show them you'll take no messing and possibly show a card early.

Thanks thats appreciate,
I have confirmed with the FA and they do count, and also the info from the post course pack shows the following verbatim, so should be good

Referees are now required to complete 5 games of football. This can either be any of the following: 5v5, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11. These can be competitive league fixtures, school games or friendly matches. Information on who to contact is enclosed in the County FA Post Course Pack. Please log these games as you referee them here

My mistake then, that's changed fairly recently I believe - at least they count, good news for you!

Back