A&H

First Cup Final - Need AAR

Gary Milton

Level 7 Referee
Had my first cup final on sunday. U17's top v 2nd in the league.

Blues 1-0 up... orange shoots, blue defender makes a great save on the line.. so down to 10 men and penalty given. Oranges miss penalty... and blues end up 3-0 up at half time!

2nd half oranges come back and make it 3-2 with 10 mins to go. (finished 4-3 blues)

Was a great game and I felt I had a great game, and this was mirrored by parents and coaches, which was nice to hear.

The only "major" error I made was (With Blues 3-2 up) 5 mins to go... ball is spread over the halfway line defenders one side of the pitch and attacker on the other... I stupidly was caught ball watching following the flight of the ball (high) and by the time the attacker got it and i looked accross the line the player was well clear. I honestly didn;t have a clue if he was offisde.... ( I say that, but I was pretty sure he must have been) but as i didn't see it i couldnt give it... I was however preying that he wouldnt score... but guess what... 4-2! argh!
I was gutted that I possibly missed one which led to a goal, and a mark on an otherwise good game. Oranges did score straight from the kick off though... but still was left with a hankering feeling i made a costly mistake.

I simply wish, for a final I had appointed AR's who could have watched the line.

On to the next one though... live and learn... an U13s regional SF and U18's final next weekend... Live and Learn.

The Referee Store
Back