A&H

First appeal

micky2001

Perceived a letter today for a team that appealed against a caution I gave. Firstly, I didn't know you could appeal against a caution? Secondly, what happens at these meetings?

A&H International
just be sure not to discuss the details of the appeal in an open forum :)

call county and speak with the person who deals with the appeals and they will explain the procedure to you - i'm sure they'll be able to answer your caution question, too.

i had my first appeal date last month. individual and club concerned both decided to appeal in writing the day before the appeal instead of making personal appearances so i didn't have to go. both appeals failed.

onwards and upwards

Do remember that this isn't a personal attack on your competency, as clubs have the right of appeal in certain circumstances.

The appeal is on an alleged technicality, but not mistaken identity. The appeal letter contradicts itself but it is essentially my word against theirs.

A good FA will always support their referees when it comes to such situations.
Unfortunately not all FA's are good FA's and I've come across both kinds.
Any FA that doesn't support their referees when it is question of one word against another should be held to account.
Such actions undermine their referees and make life very difficult for them.
I hope you have the supportive type.

Just stick to the facts, do not elaborate unnecessarily, avoid opinion. You'll be fine.

I think I said the same sentence 5 times during my hearing last year. Ask the question in whatever way you like, the answer is still the same.

Back