A&H

First adult line

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
After a year of doing U18 lines, I’ve decided to go for lining on an adults league. Today I got my first appointment in a couple of weeks. I'm used to being on the line and in the middle of very feisty and competitive U18 games, but how different will this be? Any advice is appreciated!

The Referee Store
Depends on the league but I'd imagine a similar standard. Might get a few comments about your age but keep up with play (they won't be used to it) and it'll shut them up. Same skills you've cultivated with U18, stay focused and you'll smash it. Good luck!

You will find you are less likely to get grief from players but the flipside is you will have spectators telling you every decision against their team is wrong, and at the level you will be doing the supporters tend to switch ends so you get it for 90 mins. Good luck for the new season Alex and maybe see you around .

You will find you are less likely to get grief from players but the flipside is you will have spectators telling you every decision against their team is wrong, and at the level you will be doing the supporters tend to switch ends so you get it for 90 mins. Good luck for the new season Alex and maybe see you around .
Thank you! I look forward to the switching spectators 🙄. Hopefully see you too!

Back