A&H

First 6 matches...

jertzee

I have completed the first of my 6 matches, since passing the exams back in July.

I know the guidleines now say that you have to referee six 9x9 or 11x11 matches, but are there any further guidleines with regards to the type of match?

For instance, I have the possibility of taking charge of a girls' secondary school (age group u15's) match, between two schools. This isn't in a competition, it is just a "friendly".

In fact my first game caused some disagreement with qualified refs over whether it was allowable or not as it involved a registered side versus that same team's "trialists XI". The Surrey FA has since confirmed it will count.

Wat criteria must we abide by to ensure it is a valid game?

Thanks

The Referee Store
I seem to remember our RDO telling us that as long as the offside rule is force then the game is valid. Might be worth just sending a quick email to whoever ran your course and just asking if friendlies count towards it.

Congratulations on passing the course, and welcome to the site!

Well done on passing the course. I would also check with the RDO. We were told that the matches had to be 11v11, although I don't see what difference 9v9 with offside rule would make. As to the sort of match (girls school, adult, youth, league, friendlies) it shouldn't make any difference. As long as LOTG are being applied.

I would have thought any game that uses full FIFA laws would count.

Not sure about the 9v9, but, having just spent a week at a tournie that was u13 9v9, full FIFA laws were applied with the exception of pitch size and player numbers.

Then, on Sunday I have an u13s full game, with 11v11 on a full-size pitch.

I have just looked on the Surrey FA site and they mention it can be 9x9, but even better, on the Durham FA site it states:

"Please note; if you do not referee a minimum of 6 matches following completion of the course, you WILL NOT be a fully qualified Referee. It is a compulsory part of the course to referee 6 matches of 11v11 football (or 9v9 football including the offside law). "

So it looks like the recent changes to reduce th size of games at youth level has foced such a change.

One more thing - is it really only that one sheet of paper that you have to fill in to prove the 6 matches?!

Thanks for all your help.

Back