A&H

fiorentina vs ac milan

one

RefChat Addict
How long after non-deliberate handball should it take before a goal scored is not disallowed?

Isn't beating two defenders and the keeper after the handball not enough for the original handball not to be considered creating a GSO?

Ibra steals the ball from a defender after the handball? Isn't that enough to negate gaining control?

Overall, was the law created to disallow goals like this or is this just blindly following (not even that) a poorly written law?

Starts at 30 second

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Even worse - this is the product of a blind reading of a poorly written law.

I'm no even convinced it touched or brushed or grazed his arm - but I'm sure there is a better angle available to the CR

No offence for me, handball did not directly lead to a goal or goal scoring opportunity

No offence for me, handball did not directly lead to a goal or goal scoring opportunity

While there is logic to that it isn’t what Law 12 says. Law 12 just says “and then”—there is nothing about directlynleading. But we also know IFAB has already said the words don’t mean what they say in applying it to situations where a teammate obtains possession. There was a real lack of thought as to nuance on drafting this provision—hopefully it will be amended at the meeting next week, and hopefully the amendment will make things better, not worse.

How long after non-deliberate handball should it take before a goal scored is not disallowed?

I’m not sure the VAR & R thought it was non-deliberate. We only see the close up in slo mo, which can be deceptive, tu there it looks like he moves his arm into the ball. But I’d want to watch I in real speed to form an actual opinion on that.

Back