A&H
Resource icon

FIFA Referees Fitness Test 2015-01-17

No permission to download
The Referee Store
Pretty sure I can smash the sprints no problem but I reckon the running test is quite cheeky, I'd like to give it a bash though but I'm sure I'd be blowing out after about lap 7-8.

Thanks for sticking that on.

Will be giving this a try through the week :)

I do the fitness test once a week its easy... You want to try the yoyo test which fifa are bringing in it hard going

Welsh premier league refs and assistants already do this. Apparently it's not any fun :)

i got to level 18.4 that's what u need for fifa but I wanted to drop out around 18 it's very hard with not much recovery

dud.jpg

This is the timing equipment used. it is more accurate than stopwatch.

Assistants have to keep up with dynamite quick wingers and forwards! If the AR is not quick enough it looks obvious, while the man in the middle can get away with it to some degree in the name of preserving the best viewing angle!

Assistants have to keep up with dynamite quick wingers and forwards! If the AR is not quick enough it looks obvious, while the man in the middle can get away with it to some degree in the name of preserving the best viewing angle!
I thought that would be the case, still seems a bit odd though ;)

The referee gets a slightly tougher stamina based test - i have done this test twice over the past seasons with slight tweaks which make it a little easier (due to the level I referee at - the test is modified by those administering it). The sprints were no issue managing sub 6 seconds on all runs. The interval run section is very doable, but I wouldn't call it fun!

We've got the FIFA referees fitness test as part of the regional development group in Liverpool in March... A special treat for us from Anthony Taylor

Pretty sure I can smash the sprints no problem but I reckon the running test is quite cheeky, I'd like to give it a bash though but I'm sure I'd be blowing out after about lap 7-8.

Thanks for sticking that on.

I've done the test spring and fall for 5 years or so now (except in Oslo, we have to do 26 intervals). If you are to take it, I recommend you run through it a couple of times by yourself on beforehand. A lot of people fail it the first time (I did as well), and it is not because it is physically too hard, but because it is mentally strenuous. After about 10-13 intervalls you are starting to feel it and you start thinking "I am only half way, how will I be able to do this?". If you have done it a few times, you'll know that you can do it, and remind yourself of that fact throughout the test.

I run it 1-2 times a week on a treadmill. When I do, I run 30 seconds with 18.8 km/h, and rest (jumping off) for 30 seconds. If you do that, you are well prepared. Good luck. I have my pre-season test friday 13th, next week :eek:

Back