A&H

Fa Youth Cup

The Referee Store
Me too. Just about to leave for the short (but battling through the evening rush hour traffic) journey.

Really looking forward to it.

Shout us all how it went please

It's an FA Appointment - however - your County will have nominated you to The FA to receive such appointments - well done :)

So on the line tonight for a FA youth cup qualifying round, very happy with the appointment, didn't realise level 7's could get these games!

Harry, it's not about level 7, it's about under 25 :)

i hope that you have a great game, are having a great game, even as we speak

Shout us all how it went please

It's an FA Appointment - however - your County will have nominated you to The FA to receive such appointments - well done :)
Not correct about the nomination, that is only for FA Vase, Trophy, Cup, etc. FA Youth games usually have "To be appointed by the xxxxxx County FA" and they select from their pool of Assistant Referees.

Having said all that, they are great games to get and you have earned your appointment. Hope it went well and you get more as the season progresses.

Harry, it's not about level 7, it's about under 25 :)

i hope that you have a great game, are having a great game, even as we speak

Very untrue. I know level 7s in their 50s that have received FA Vase and Cup appointments this year.

Very untrue. I know level 7s in their 50s that have received FA Vase and Cup appointments this year.
Same here. The reason more young referees are being appointed is simply because there is more of them these days. For too long the average age of referees was rising so there was a huge bubble of "older" referees so as a consequence more were appointed. Some took this as an indication of "criteria" when the truth was that there was just more older referees, so more got appointed.

+1

I'm a 40 something (!) L5 and have had FA Cup and FA Youth (2) appointments this season

I'm told L5-L7's are nominated by each County to The FA as "appropriate" for FA appointments (supported by an email from The FA telling me I'd be nominated and a handbook on how to use MOAS!)

I guess I was nominated as I'm on L5-4 promotion, others because they are in Ref Academies - but looking at the last bunch of FA Youth Cup appointments I also see some very strong "going no-where" (in terms of promotion) referees ...

Back