A&H

Ladies FA Women’s Premier League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Nice little email off the Head of Referee's for Wales Mr Gifford this morning appointing me to

FA Women’s Premier League Cup

Cardiff City Vs. West Ham United.

I'm one of the assistant's on the match.
CHUFFED!

The Referee Store
Not having a pop but a little bit confused with were this conversation is going? I'm presuming by saying “stare” you mean eyeing them up?
Can I gently remind you that Discrimination isn't just about colour or sexuality. Please be careful how things are phrased.

Yes, we're on about 'staring at them' not being racist/sexist.
It they're anything like the girls who play at that level here, there won't be anything to stare at!
At least I won't lose my concentration at all

I never said you was been racist/sexist. I'm saying you need to be careful how you phase your words.

I'll try not to stare ;)
could easly be misconstrue. Just a pointer.

I think the women’s game has developed immensely over the last 10 years and we as refs should support it 100%

Not having a pop but a little bit confused with were this conversation is going? I'm presuming by saying “stare” you mean eyeing them up?
Can I gently remind you that Discrimination isn't just about colour or sexuality. Please be careful how things are phrased.

What on earth are you on about? Where did you go from a joke about a young lad staring at women to calling it discrimination. Slight over reaction don't you think.

Haha we are referees not monks after all!

There was no slur on women's football whatsoever in any of the above.

Reffy has a point insofar as the fact that Refs could be accused of eyeing up the players could be construed as sexist.
We cannot afford to be sexist 'cos birds don't like that sort of thing.

Matty: I don't think it is an over reaction. Your probably about 14 so you wouldn't understand.
Women want to be taken seriously in football hence the massive investment made by the FA. How can they be taken seriously when the referee, who is there to lead by example, is talking about "eyeing them up" Hes not there for that, he's there to referee a game of football, whatever he might think of how they look.

We lost two girls last year from our RA over simlar comments - like it or not its discrimination. look it up on the internet..
If you want to eye up women go to a club/pub/speed dating ect. not a football match.

You have read far too much into a throw away comment by aled and others. The OP talked about how chuffed and honoured he felt to be assigned such a game, that is not a slur on women's football.

I agree that While sexism is something to be removed from the game, lets also not go PC crazy and make mountains out of mole hills. Don't go looking for problems where there are none :)

Maybe so, but if you read what i said, I congrautlated Aled on the appoinment and do wish him well for the game.
If you look at it from another angle: Image your GF or Mrs was playing football and you heard the referee say i'll be eyeing these lot up today. You wouldnt be happy would you? fair point?

My comments were "just be careful how your prase things becuase people can take offence" You know any excuse to get a referee in trouble and a team will use it, it wasn't a pop at him it was advice.

I think that Reffy is just trying to give a warning, about how comments can be misinterpreted. I see nothing wrong with 'banter' but I see what Reffy is trying to say.

Lets not get into an argument about this please, and try and keep the thread on track :)

Matty: I don't think it is an over reaction. Your probably about 14 so you wouldn't understand.
Actually matty is a level 6 (3B in wales now) so can't be 'about 14'. Anyhow, end of story. Let's not get silly and keep on track.
They're also doing a SRtRC event as well, so I'll be doing whatever asked to support it.

Try 32 Reffy but you were close eh, way to go to reply by just plain insulting me, well done you. How you can consider that a joke on a Internet forum about a young lad staring at women and turn into a rant about discrimination is beyond me. It's clear from the posts of others that you've blown this way out of proportion. I can imagine refereeing with you would be a barrel of laughs with your clear capacity for humour.

Also if you don't think women do the same then you're deluded, I've had the mick taken out of me as linesman by women and do you know what I did, I laughed because it was funny, I did not storm off the pitch after throwing my flag down because of the disgraceful discrimination I had just had to suffer. Get back in your box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back