A&H

FA Referee Store WARNING

IrkRef

lkref
Hello all,
After the FA sent me a lovely email informing me of their newly launched FA Referee Store https://farefereestore.thefa.com/ I decided to place and order due to it being comparably cheaper to A&H and even Sporting Touch. Yet today after 2 weeks my new shirt arrived and this is how it looked! Please see other photo for how it was meant to look...No returns form enclosed and ring the helpline and all you can do is leave a message...Terrible service all round and the FA is endorsing this9C233547-B95A-4F3B-A0BD-64675F709691.png 2016-10-19.png

The Referee Store
I wonder if they classify that as personalisation, and won't allow returns on that basis. I'd argue that all day long though, because that looks pony.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

The other photo looks like a mock up to me. The logo has been superimposed, so the shirt was never going to look like that.

I do agree though that the big square badge is not very becoming.

Looking at their website, all of their pics have photoshopped badges on stock photos.

Leaves it wide open to interpretation as to what you actually get although the product description says "Woven Heat Applied FA Referees Logo", still a pretty poor show from the "official" store.

Got given a few of those embroidered sow on style badges by my FA.

Last edited:
I wonder what that looks like on the yellow training top....:wtf:. (Edited to add: Looking at the website, the description for the badging is different for the referee shirt versus all of the other items. Worth asking about)

I read the gumph on the website last night and you will struggle to get that accepted as a return, as they will classify it as personalisation, and the description of a heat applied badge is correct (although a bit misleading). Two alternative options are to a) remove the badge and cut round it so it looks better, then reapply, or b) sell it on eBay and cut your losses.

It's well documented that basically only Sporting Touch and A&H offer a 'proper' FA badge, and the A&H one is better owing to its size. You get what you pay for in the end.

PS - The supplier of the FA Referee Store is Kitlocker, who are a 'big name' and might be willing to offer you a deal. Worth asking.

Last edited:
They will definitely let you return it - I ordered a shirt the first day the store opened. I was disappointed with how it looked, and told them so - this was the response:
I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the application of the logo. This is something that the FA have decided on. You are entitled to a refund should you wish to return it to ourselves, providing that it is unworn with the swing-tag attached.
I decided I couldn't be bothered to return it though - figured the cost of postage, plus the extra £20 that A&H charge and the time taken for delivery wouldn't be worth it just for the same shirt with the same badge applied in a different way.

I'm also having a problem due to being charged twice for the same order, but that's due to technical problems with the Paypal/Visa payment on the website. I think one of the payments went to the FA, and one went to Kitlocker, which is making it a pain to get the refund!

The yellow warm up/training shirt arrived today and the badge is not printed or sewn on, its a smart small badge. just to let you guys know!

I got a fleeced waterproof from them with FA badge and its quite neat, definitely not a square stuck on

Dont bother. I ordered with them and not a word off them for 3 weeks. Delivery date passed, still nothing. Order has been cancelled and ordered elsewhere. They said they had had production issues when cancelling. Have now ordered off Sportsjam.

Back