A&H

F365 propose law 12 changes no less

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
https://www.football365.com/news/tactical-fouling-how-to-solve-the-footballs-worst-habit

3rd foul on the same player = YC
Interesting idea...

Tactical (SPA) fouls... I think someone needs to explain to them the world cup (disaster IMHO) relaxation of SPA... and the (new UEFA-wide?) guidance to punish blatant holding with YC.

What is interesting is that in considering reckless/YC challenges there is a reminder here that (outside of DOGSO technicality) there is nothing in the laws about YC where there is a foul with no attempt to play the ball...

The Referee Store
I was scrolling through looking for a list of 12 changes haha

I think it's a good idea but hard to implement at lower levels. Personally I see this as the next step for sin bins, tactical/professional/pulls fouls etc get a sin bin.

Just bring a team foul count to the game. Any DFK foul after 8 per half results in a penalty kick from 22 yards (everyone else behind the ball and 10 yards away). Works a charm in futsal. Basketball has a similar concept .

It's rediculous many games have 30 or more fouls. The stop start makes the game very unattractive.

Just bring a team foul count to the game. Any DFK foul after 8 per half results in a penalty kick from 22 yards (everyone else behind the ball and 10 yards away). Works a charm in futsal. Basketball has a similar concept .

It's rediculous many games have 30 or more fouls. The stop start makes the game very unattractive.

Well, or not, IMHO.
Had a futsal game that finished 1-5 last week. All 5 away goals were 2nd half 10m penalties. Home were clumsy. In the first half, away had a player sent off, and had two other yellows. Even just the one red card was far worse than all 12 total DFK fouls by home. The game was daft because of the team fouls,

And 22m penalty, are you trolling again? That’s gonna be awesome at grassroots or u14;)

Well, or not, IMHO.
Had a futsal game that finished 1-5 last week. All 5 away goals were 2nd half 10m penalties. Home were clumsy. In the first half, away had a player sent off, and had two other yellows. Even just the one red card was far worse than all 12 total DFK fouls by home. The game was daft because of the team fouls,

And 22m penalty, are you trolling again? That’s gonna be awesome at grassroots or u14;)
Hence my point about games with too many fouls. I hardly give 10m penalties. Almost every team is more careful after 4 fouls and very careful after 5.

I meant 22 yards which is top of the D which is a good chance even for U12s. I remember a player from my son's U14 team scoring a screamer from 35 yards. So I'm pretty sure a 22 yard pen would be a big detergent to fouls but you can changes it to 18 yards if you want.

I think the 12 yard penalty conversion rate is around 75%. You'd want a distance to give around a 40% chance conversion rate for accumulated fouls.

Really.......just encouragement for theatrics in an attempt to get an opponent carded.
Not at all. I cautioned a player recently for 3 fouls on the same opponent. Nothing serious in any of then and if it had been separate opponents I'd probably have allowed one more before the caution. I didn't want a situation developing. As to theatrics, that's a judgement we have to make.

I notice this with technical teams, especially in the championship.
Leeds and Brentford play attractive passing football, where their opponents literally come to stifle them. They will play the team bus and just foul, after foul, time waste too, to kill off the good teams.

You have to ask yourself here, how does a team commit 21 fouls and not get a card? This particular team went on to win. Not saying they didn't deserve it from an attacking point of view, but they obviously broke up play an awful lot.

For me, it's not protecting those that want to play the game, but protecting the game itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181103-120124.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-120124.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 11
Back