The Ref Stop

Everton v Villa

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Have to say, bar a couple of questionable decisions, refs having a good game..

I do feel there was a foul on Ramsay early on (after his shirt change) outside the box not given. Replays show there was enough contact for a free kick. Ref had a pure direct view on it.
Then around the 35th minute he gives a goal kick when there was a very clear touch from Everton defender which should have been a corner. Again he had a great view.

Not sure how Richarlison hasn't been cautioned. He's been involved in a few fouls and incidents and only just had a word but I feel he has caused some of the confrontations too..

The Ref Stop
He's not had any real KMIs yet. Not sure he got the yellow to Mina right in the 58th. Otherwise it's going well so far.

Must say, he had a good game.
Do think a couple of earlier cautions may have nipped the game a bit considering the influx of cards at the end.

Nothing really big blew up, but Pawson just looked like he was clinging to match control by a thread. I felt like this match was one where one moment could have really kicked things off. The flurry of cautions late made me think he knew he was on the verge of losing control.

When all was said and done, he got through it without major incident. But to me it felt like that game was right on the edge and he knew it.

Back