A&H

Essex or London FA

bp05

Ben Brown
Level 4 Referee
Hi, Going back down south as a level 4 probably and not sure what one is best, I would like if there is a development squad as I am 20.

Cheers

The Referee Store
Personally....Essex. But I know a lot swear by London. I have a feeling @DanCohen17 is a member of both... certainly London and AFA (which is another option if youre london area)

As a L5 who goes out regularly with L4s from both London & Essex I would go with Essex too ... The Academy is good and the RDO is very good too (not saying London's isn't!)

I know some refs who have tried to go with London or Essex whilst living in the other - and they weren't allowed (postcode lottery!) - so you may not have a choice :)

Essex RDO is very good (built the whole game system) and there is a good development group but I think it's very competitive, there are a lot of young refs in the county.

I can confirm that its competitive in Essex. Having said this, it is one of the better counties (in my rather biased opinion ;))and the RDO is very good. I'd certainly recommend it!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, are there any level 4's in the development group? do they have a development group?

Thanks for all the replies, are there any level 4's in the development group? do they have a development group?
Essex & London L4's are both in the same Development group, based at Charlton's academy

Depends what you want Brandon. RDO probably better at Essex, actually definitely better at Essex, whereas London have more opportunities etc.
Where you moving to, and which league/s you going to be operating on?

Back