A&H

England squad

The Referee Store
Yes, don't think any defences will be worried about our attacking lineup :(

I don't understand why you would bring in an internationally inexperienced 18 year old who could have to step up into a pick role if Leighton Baines gets injured in the first half... Why not keep an experienced and one of the best Left backs Ashley Cole in the squad this year therefore giving time for Shaw to develop.

Makes no sense really...

ps, i'm a Manchester United fan yet i'm saying Shaw shouldn't play... Thats makes sense with the 27M bid placed on him at the moment

At least we wont lose at Penalties this year! :(
Happy Henderson got in the squad, he has been superb this year IMO.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think it's a quite decent squad... It's good seeing Hodgson picking young players as well, and I think it's about the strongest squad possible. The only choice I don't agree with is the selection of Lampard though..

I know it's not fabulous, but imo, a possibly dangerous outsider. If they manage to get a good result against Italy (don't think they will shine in Brazil), everything is possible (at least in the qualification phase ;) )

I hope Belgium don't underestimate their opponents at the start...

We'll struggle, IMO there are a few players I wouldn't have selected (Henderson and Barkley to name a couple)

Just don't think he's got the consistency to perform at a World Cup yet, in a few years I think he will. These opinions are made from the little premier league football I have watched this season

Just don't think he's got the consistency to perform at a World Cup yet, in a few years I think he will. These opinions are made from the little premier league football I have watched this season

Agreed, not consistent enough to be in the first team. As a substitute, he could possibly perform really well however, I guess :)

Pleased to see that he's giving youth a chance. The defence worries me though, cannot believe that Chris Smalling has been picked.

We'll struggle, IMO there are a few players I wouldn't have selected (Henderson and Barkley to name a couple)

Lol two of the most exciting players in the prem this season.

I for one am glad to see some youth in there. And not take Shaw? LolShaw is the second best left back in the country on form.

I am welsh and hope you (England) lose every game 10-0 and go home crying, but hell I quite like some of the options you have.

I totally agree with Supermonkey's comment, except for the last part :p (just being neutral :) as a non-welsh guy).

Back