The Ref Stop

Eng v Greece

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Less said about the players performance the better.

Referee done well I have to say.
Early card for Greece meant, in my opinion, Greece's tactics of fouling every time England got the ball (IF that was their tactic, we'd never know) was nullified.
Would love to have seen the "back pass" again though. Looked like an intentional pass to the keeper but couldn't tell what part of the body it hit.
Commentators saying it was probably more because it was an accident. Very clever disguise of one if so.

My main gripe, and always is at any level with VAR, is the wait and see for offside that are absolutely blatant. Just put the flag up.
Thought the wait and see were for the really close calls.
Sometimes it may be seconds, but the delay not only risks injuries, but also moves the ball away from where the free kick would be taken and restarts the game about 20 seconds+ after he should have been flagged.
Like last night, there were a few late flags and these seconds add up. And before anyone says I still don't think England would've scored another.
I'm thinking more universally about offside calls in every game.

The Ref Stop
Would love to have seen the "back pass" again though
It was definitely a ball 'intentionally kicked back to the goalkeeper' (unless it was a shinner which I don't think it was)
Just because the keeper had to 'save' it, makes no difference whatsoever
There are times when 'safe refereeing' like this really does my nut in because it's plain wrong

It was definitely a ball 'intentionally kicked back to the goalkeeper' (unless it was a shinner which I don't think it was)
Just because the keeper had to 'save' it, makes no difference whatsoever
There are times when 'safe refereeing' like this really does my nut in because it's plain wrong
We didn't seem to argue much, did we?

1000% backpass. But not reviewable due to VARce;)
i was starting to say it should be reviewable as DOGSO, but of course a “back pass” can never be misconduct because it’s a GK offense. Anyone have a clip? I’d love to see the play. Shin and miskick are the two “outs” that come to mind not having seen the play.

Back