The Ref Stop

EFL 2024-25 MW7/8

CaptainsPlease

Level 5 and
Level 3W Referee
1: Derby v Norwich (1:15) - goal scored after ball out of play

2: Leeds v Coventry (2:17) - potential penalty rather clumsy challenge from behind, think ref could have anticipated and got a slightly better angle?

3: Blackburn v QPR (1:58) - SFP

4: Birmingham v Peterborough (6:26) - winning goal scored with arm

5: Morecambe v Notts County (1:16) - close goal line decision leads to dismissal - not sure if there's any better angles out there

1727682967340.png

The Ref Stop
  1. Feels like an absolute clanger by the AR, I had to watch 2/3 times to see where he was and can only assume he is by the corner flag based on him running back after the goal is awarded. His positioning couldn't be better and still missed it - concerning

2. No penalty - goes down far to easily and would put it in the "looking for it" category

3. No discussion.... but what is Craig Pawson doing refereeing in the Championship? Demotion?

4. Handball absolutely, but not one player appeals it and not sure the ref sees it, possibly for the AR to call but a tough one regardless

5. No idea 🤣 but I would argue the reaction of the red team players in the box, especially the one on the line, suggests that it hasn't clearly crossed the line.

How do you even find all of these? 😆
That Birmingham winner - there isn't one single appeal for handball...
Sky Sports App.
  1. No discussion.... but what is Craig Pawson doing refereeing in the Championship? Demotion?
SG1 officials often referee in the championship, and not out of demotion/poor performance although it is often reported (incorrectly)as such. I think there is some obligation that SG 1 officials cover x amount of games outside of PL across the season.

Back