A&H

Drop ball / Foul

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
Think I did the correct thing here … apart from one thing..

Near penalty area .. ball rebounds off of a few players and I end up right in the middle.. attacking player kicks ball and it hits me and goes to the defensive side.. before I can get the whistle in my mouth to signal a dropped ball.. defensive player comes in late and catches the attacking player. I give a dropped ball and a YC to defensive player for reckless tackle.

Attacking player wants free kick for the foul.. I explain that the ball hit me first

Did I do the right thing in not giving the foul ?…

I know the correct dropped hall would have been to the attacking team but I gave it to the defensive team, I did this for two reasons, one I didn’t see really who kicked it as it was behind me and two it was easier to give it to the defensive side having not known I just went for them. I worked out afterwards that the attacking team touched it last but I wasn’t changing after that. Not many complaints.

The Referee Store
Luckily this wasn’t in the penalty area.. two yards towards the goal and it would have been .. obviously dropped ball for the goalkeeper then but I wouldn’t have wanted to explain that to the striker who had just been recklessly taken out before the whistle went!

A couple of things for you to think about. Getting hit by the ball that close to the PA should ber very highly unlikely. Work on positions and movement around the PA. Also work on not taking your eye of play (and seeing who last touched the ball) especially when a team is in an attacking position. But once you are at that point, as mentioned, you handled it well.

A couple of things for you to think about. Getting hit by the ball that close to the PA should ber very highly unlikely. Work on positions and movement around the PA. Also work on not taking your eye of play (and seeing who last touched the ball) especially when a team is in an attacking position. But once you are at that point, as mentioned, you handled it well.

Thank you.
Yes my positioning is a definite development area. I have come from playing the game and am finding it hard to transition, especially at youth level with CARs I want to be right there to see what goes on!

Back