A&H

Drinkwater on DePay

Brian Hamilton

RefChat Addict
Observer/Tutor
7 slow motion replays of Drinkwater on Depay and the panel of pundits on SKY still can't agree if it's a penalty or not.

Well done Michael Oliver, continuing to make big calls and dealing with the outcome in a polished manner.

The Referee Store
Easy to see on the slo-mo replays that the offence took place just inside the box but I agree, well done to your mate Geordie Oliver for playing it cool. :)

Barely even a free kick, let alone a caution....

The Simpson one was more a foul, I thought, and that would have been DOGSO. Still debatable, though. Oliver is a good referee who made the best of a tough day. Refereeing Leicester must be a nightmare. Just putting this out there, but they must be the dirtiest team ever to win the premier league if it's confirmed. That said, some of the finest teams England has boasted haven't been short of disciplinary sanctions. The fact that I am always forced to speak as a fan and referee separately there makes me slightly sad, and speaks volumes about the problems we face.

The Simpson one was more a foul, I thought, and that would have been DOGSO. Still debatable, though. Oliver is a good referee who made the best of a tough day. Refereeing Leicester must be a nightmare. Just putting this out there, but they must be the dirtiest team ever to win the premier league if it's confirmed. That said, some of the finest teams England has boasted haven't been short of disciplinary sanctions. The fact that I am always forced to speak as a fan and referee separately there makes me slightly sad, and speaks volumes about the problems we face.

Never a foul. Yes it would have been DOGSO if a free kick had been awarded but he just used his strength and didn't make a tackle never mind a foul. Both players were using their arms to a degree. I thought it was a good decision to play on and Mr Oliver got himself a good viewing angle and credible position to not have to guess at it.

Didn't see much of the game as I was too busy munching on "prawn sandwiches" in the President's suite at Southampton vs Man City! :D

Drinkwater's 2nd yellow wasn't even a foul. :confused:

Then there's the wonderous Wayne Rooney, the prime example of everything that is wrong with many modern day footballers. Over-rated, massively over-paid, mouthy and arrogant. Received a nailed on yellow which he protested in the usual manner. Got away with a blatant trip on the edge the United box when Ulloa stuffed his chance to win the match and title near the end.

Never a foul. Yes it would have been DOGSO if a free kick had been awarded but he just used his strength and didn't make a tackle never mind a foul. Both players were using their arms to a degree. I thought it was a good decision to play on and Mr Oliver got himself a good viewing angle and credible position to not have to guess at it.

And did well to keep up on what was really a rapid and unexpected break in play, when his starting position was closer to the penalty area than the half way line.

I agree it was never a foul in a million years. Simpson did well to recover and when Lingard realised the keeper was going to get the ball first he threw himself to the ground.

More mates with his Mrs to be fair :D

Wish I was :D

Back