A&H

Double Promotion?

IrkRef

lkref
Hi guys! I'm a Level 7 referee, was mini soccer referee for past year before taking conversion course in February. Although I have complete confidence in my ability, I am surprised at just how much my county seem to like me already! I've done 3 middles so far, all U14 and I am already on the mailing list for my county appointment officer for special fixtures he has! So for example last week I had a Leicester City Ladies game on the line and got a county cup semi through the post last week with the ref being Mike Bingham from the football league!
Anyway, come January is it possible to request double promotion or do you have to just do well on 7-6 and hope you fluke it and get lucky and become a 5 straight away? Cheers!

The Referee Store
Sounds like you're making a great impression!

The promotion season runs from March - February, so you have unfortunately missed promotion for this year and will have to wait until the 2015/2016 (promotion) season to apply. But come January 2016, you should email your Referee Development Officer and apply to be on the promotion scheme for the next season. At this point, you will be asked if you want to apply for the double jump (7-6-5), or just from 7-6. However, this is not available with all counties - you will be able to check this beforehand, some will only offer the 7-6 promotion.

Just a heads up, the 7-6-5 takes a large amount of hard work and luck! You have to manage to fit in 20 matches (U17s upwards) from the 1st March through to the 30th September and must have had at least 3 of these assessed. Between the 1st October and the 28th February, you must then have refereed another 20 matches and had a further 3 assessments. This means that if you're going to be taking a couple of weekends off through the season, on holidays, or just to have some time out, it may be worth not going for the double jump straight away! What's the worst that happens? You spend one year at 6 and manage to develop your abilities and gain vital experience before moving onto the next level.

Birmingham don't allow 7-5 promotions even if you're on the development group. You're still young there's no need to rush at all.

You're 16; their is no need to double jump. I was offered it but I rejected it due to all the comments i'd heard from referees who had done it; it catches up with you in the future as you are basically missing out on that 1 year experience of 6-5...

Back