A&H

Do premier league Refs use WGS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3014

Do players get fined the same amount as amature?

Does anyone have an insight or some info on the differences between amature and professional.

Is there any interesting things that both have in common?

I’ve always wondered.

The Referee Store
No, they use MOAS (Match Official Administration System), but the back end is the same, and yes the fines are the same as far as I am aware. Where fines change is for non standard offences, and club fines for things like late team sheets, delaying kick off, lack of confirmation, etc. You are then talking 300%+ more than for grass roots clubs.

Surely you're joking?

Well according to rusty the basic fines are the same, as I thought.

Obviously non basic offences are astronomical fines but I was talking standard yellow & reds.

CFAs need to introduce £1 million a season affiliation fees for premier league clubs, FA charge £100k a red card, £250k to appeal a red card. Ring fence it for a "Save grass roots football initiative".
Obviously the clubs wouldn't vote for it, but their might be a public backlash against clubs depriving grassroots of funds.

No, they use MOAS (Match Official Administration System), but the back end is the same, and yes the fines are the same as far as I am aware. Where fines change is for non standard offences, and club fines for things like late team sheets, delaying kick off, lack of confirmation, etc. You are then talking 300%+ more than for grass roots clubs.

Cautions are the standard £10 fee regardless of the standard of the match. Dismissal depend on the offence but can be the same as at local level - the argument is that the admin fee is to process, not as a penalty and it costs the same regardless of the club.

You're telling me a footballer on £100,000 a week is fined £10 for a yellow card?

What. Is. The. Point.

I had a feeling that standard cautions would be the same as grass roots.

I’m sure there are millionaires that play Sunday league football, should they be charged anymore than me or you for a yellow card.

The point is that multiple yellow cards means suspension and then a possibility of losing your place. This is more of a punishment than the financial penalty. Because of what players are earning where do you set the bar? Could you have a sliding scale but would that be unfair? No matter at what fine you set it at it will never be enough. £3000 for a yellow. Still small change for most prem players.

Anyway, the clubs pays them. You can’t ask multi million pound players to pay £10. They don’t carry that sort of money.

I had a feeling that standard cautions would be the same as grass roots.

I’m sure there are millionaires that play Sunday league football, should they be charged anymore than me or you for a yellow card.
I'm not saying base it on wealth, but I'm saying £10 is absolutely pointless at that level!

£3000 for a yellow. Still small change for most prem players.

Now invest that £3000 in grassroots and you've given it a purpose. No point in charging them £10, might as well just not charge them. Probably more trouble to do the admin.

Anyway, the clubs pays them. You can’t ask multi million pound players to pay £10. They don’t carry that sort of money.
i am not 100% on this. There was the Carlos Tevez payslip that got leaked and his fines were deducted from his basic salary, which you can imagine doesn't make much of a dent.payslip.jpg

I'm not saying base it on wealth, but I'm saying £10 is absolutely pointless at that level!

10k would be pointless, I get what your saying though.

I just don’t think it’s money driven it’s just part and parcel of the game yellows & reds.

I think the FA make enough at £10 a pop across the country at all levels without hammering the pros.

At grass roots level the fine is about right. Players play for enjoyment and an increase in fines might make more players leave the game

Maybe for dissent et al, but at that level sometimes you can make an error and end up getting cautioned for it, wouldn't want to drive those players away. All abilities and so on.

I agree I woudnt raise it, believe me I’ve paid the FA a fortune over the years, when I got my wgs log in it had my history on there as a player from the last few years, it made for uncomfortable viewing 💵

Yeah, a £20 fine and single match suspension felt harsh when I sent someone for DOGSO after a genuine misjudged attempt for the ball a few years ago. There will always be cases where standard fines and suspensions don't match the offence, both ways!

Back