The Ref Stop

Distinctive Whistles

Hilly1618

Any suggestions please regarding whistles that have distinctive tones. Will be part of a team of referees officiating at a multi pitch event with games going on at the same time on 3 separate pitches very close together. It would be great if we could identify whistles that are distinctive for each pitch. TIA

The Ref Stop
I don’t think you can beat a Fox Classic/Fox 40 Classic but always best to have at least 2 whistles with all having completely different tones in case others have the same.

The problem with Fox 40, or sonic blast is that they are common (not distinct). I have a pea whistle that you hardly hear anymore. I also have a Acme Slimline Tornado with a distinct tone but not very loud. I have only ever had to use them once or twice.

The problem with Fox 40, or sonic blast is that they are common (not distinct). I have a pea whistle that you hardly hear anymore. I also have an Acme Slimline Tornado with a distinct tone but not very loud. I have only ever had to use them once or twice.
This is what we are coming up against. I have mostly Fox40 , is the Fox Sonic very different? What about Molten?

Back