Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Persistent infringement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
I had a game today when, after several warnings about dissent and eventually speaking to his captain as well, I gave a player a yellow card. I gave it for dissent but my mentor recommended sending it to the county as persistent infringement - what shall I do?

The Referee Store
For me its dissent, you've done the staged process and ultimately ended up cautioning for it not persistent infringement.

Persistent dissent!

It's dissent. You have not penalised the previous dissent so it is not persistent infringement of the laws.

Several warnings also suggests too many warnings. Stepped approach: One warning, one warning involving captain, caution. That is if none of the dissent crosses the line and earns a caution without the steps of course (screaming dissent with wild arm gesticulations from 30 yards etc) :)

I'm not sure if this comes under the category of personal in the 3Ps, but the first time I spoke to him was because he said 'are they paying you or something ref?'
I did laugh at the irony as he was the home team so it was his team who were paying me! ;)

I will call them over and ask them to explain the comment if I hear that sort of thing. Call me either of the 2 c words and it's red. Most players have enough sense to backtrack at that point.

I do agree though with the irony of the comment. :)

Dissent and also iver caution straight away or using stepped approach on 3 time caution

Had similar today, u13s, home side 3-1 down and being lairy about decisions. Ball went miles away from pitch so called captain and defender over (mainn offenders) and said no more. Immediately the defender carried on so yellow for dissent. Silly boy!

If you told him the caution was for dissent then that is what you must send it in for. Not that cautions are challenged, but you would have difficulty explaining yourself that you cautioned for dissent but submitted a report for persistent.

Back