A&H

Junior/Youth Dissent by word or action but had given 3 warnings for persistent infringment

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
hi to all my 11v11 match branded a yellow card yesterday as it says in the title I had already given 2 warnings out to the captain of the team now the away team had scored a goal but they was saying that the home team keeper was infringe I could not see this so I let the goal stand now the kid I cautioned then starts questioning me about my decision in way of dissent so I now decide to caution him for persistent infringement as already warned him about tackles so I branded the caution on that do think I was right in action. and at the end the manager and assistant coach was arguing with me the toss of the decision and another thing this player was Indian that not me being racist he also has skin problems but however that like me when im off the field of play and now I know I said this on the a&h forum before it closed they also asked if I can dismiss the caution now the way the team was acting im thinking about not just the caution but im thinking misconduct form as well as for one the way the team treated me and that they got to learn that they cannot say that so any advise would help thanks craig.

The Referee Store
It sounds like you could sell the yellow on dissent in itself. 'Persistant Infringement' makes it sound like, maybe, the dissent didn't warrant a YC in itself, so you can go that way as well.

As far as them calling you racist and asking to resind the YC, then I think a report should be sent in.

They are trying it on and trying to play the racism card just adds to the pressure on you. I would be sending in a misconduct report and let the caution stand.

Just to be clear, did you only caution him once or twice?

One word about warnings. If you take a stepped approach and warn a player with captain present, end the warning with "we will not be having this discussion again". One warning only, any further offences by the player and you can go to the pocket. You have been clear in your warning that your unhappy with offences, the team has failed to heed that warning and a timely caution reminds them that your in charge.

the caution was on the captain I did 2 warnings then the caution my first incident was pushing in the box second was him tripping so I then said this is last warning anymore your going in the pocket now as your saying of course sending in the misconduct form shall I say what they exactly said at full time

Hi Craig,

If the first two warnings were for 'dissent', then I would have cautioned him for dissent the third time. If the warnings were not for dissent, then I think persistent infringement is correct. Only you will know if what he said was dissent or just a regular pop, that warranted a caution when everything is taken into account. (Remember, with cautions, you cannot appeal/don't have to write a report, only the codes, I'm not advocating that it doesn't matter if you put the wrong offence down, but it doesn't have as much of a bearing as a red card report would)

As for what happened after the match, it is a little bit more tricky. If anybody accuses me of being racist, I politely tell them that an accusation of that sort deeply offends me, ask them for their name, and tell them that they are being reported (via misconduct).

As for threatening me, another stone wall misconduct report (depending on what your CFA/FA recommends, put it on the same report as above, or as an individual report).

As for asking me not to put the caution in, another misconduct report. It brings the game into disrepute and is an attack on your impartiality.

So, in conclusion, I would put the caution in as persistent, and would be filing misconduct reports on three accounts.

Anymore questions, let us know :)

Back