A&H

Disciplinary nightmare

SM

The avuncular one
I was just looking back through this seasons games and my stats are as follows:

Games 18 (all middles)
cautions 28
red 15

I would add that of the 15 reds, 10 of them were racked up in 4 matches including a mass brawl which was interesting.

This seasons card tally seems a tad high? Certainly a lot higher than last season.

The Referee Store
geez my card count is really low compared to some, i think it might be lowest in county lol

It could be high, but then stats don't tell all the story. I have found that you quite often have a run of cards for particular offences.

The question to ask however, is why they are occurring. Take out the 4 for the brawl, and you've got 11 to consider. Are clampng down soon enough, or letting too much go? Could they be prevented from your point of view, or is it one of those spells of godawful bad luck that you can do nothing about? (Had those! A run of five reds in five games, and there was nothing I could do!)

Can't disagree, take out the brawl cards and the stats aren't so bad, but as Tealeaf says, often there is nothing you can do about it and the stats don;t tell the whole story.

I expect to be giving fewer cards this season as I will be working at a higher level of football, however, it could just be the offences that change - more for dissent and fewer for reckless for example.

REview your reports on the cards, and see if there was anything you could have done differently - they are a useful self-improvement tool.

It is interesting that games in the higher divisions have also resulted in less cards shown. No surprise there.

I am second season (first game was a year january) and have had 3 assessments this season as i am hoping to get to welsh 7 (which is English 6 I believe) and reading back it was noted on 2 of them that my use of cautions was timely, appropriate and enhanced match control. Then again I have earned the local FA a ton of cash this season in fines it appears!!! Maybe they feel they owe me? Lol

I do West Wales as well, Mr Williams must love you with all your sendings off and cautions!

Back