A&H

Disciplinary Hearing.....

You say that as if it's frowned upon? Lol :ninja:

I'm running the line for the crabs tomorrow, RAF St Mawgan vs RAF Benson in the RAF Cup... That should be interesting

It should be, what with them all running sideways.

Anyway, to keep this vaguely on topic, if/when I attend a hearing I would make an effort to go suited and booted, but the times I work and the commuting distance from work to home and then to the CFA or from work straight to the CFA means that it just may not be possible.
I work in an office so can easily do "business casual", but I wouldn't be wearing my expensive suit all day at work for an hour or so in the evening, though if time allowed then I might have time to get changed when I arrived at the county offices.

But, it makes me wonder, yes when we are called as referees it looks good to the CFA that we turn up looking smart and professional, but does it make a difference for the player who is appealing a card to wear a suit, will the CFA take them more seriously if they can see infinity in the toe caps of their shoes?

Reactions: DB
The Referee Store
That's kind of the point I was trying to get across... I punch someone and get sent off. I go to a disciplinary hearing to plead my innocence... I'm wearing a mankini... I get a season ban....

Another person does the exact same thing... Goes to hearing wearing a brand new suit and really shiny shoes.... Would he get a lesser ban because he's dressed smartly? I doubt it very much. You are being disciplined on the crime you committed on the pitch, not whether or not you're fit for a catwalk cameo.

What you wear to a hearing or anywhere really is a matter of personal pride :)

Last edited:
I'm not saying what a player wears will affect the decision given, but the player is representing his team/club/league so should give a good impression, not saying it has to be a suit but at least something clean and presentable, not a dirty/ grubby hi-vis coat and trousers ruddy great hob nailed dirty boots, the player had 30 minutes to change.
I go in a suit because i am representing not just myself, but other referees, my RA and FA so it is my duty as a referee to use the appropriate dress code for a disciplinary hearing.

I'm not saying what a player wears will affect the decision given, but the player is representing his team/club/league so should give a good impression, not saying it has to be a suit but at least something clean and presentable, not a dirty/ grubby hi-vis coat and trousers ruddy great hob nailed dirty boots, the player had 30 minutes to change.
I go in a suit because i am representing not just myself, but other referees, my RA and FA so it is my duty as a referee to use the appropriate dress code for a disciplinary hearing.

True, and I get where you're coming from, but some people just don't care, or have never known any better.

Whatever the reason it's the problem for the club/player if they had the opportunity to make themselves more presentable but chose not to.

Reactions: DB
True, and I get where you're coming from, but some people just don't care, or have never known any better.

Whatever the reason it's the problem for the club/player if they had the opportunity to make themselves more presentable but chose not to.
Will agree with that.......

Back