A&H

Dirty keeper!!

The Referee Store
It looks like he gets away with that a lot the first was red all day long 2 footed dangerous and late. The attacker had to jump to avoid contact. Poor decision made worse by the NAR not getting involved.

I was shocked that not even one card was issued for the first act of VC. The first foul was red all the way in my mind. The second VC was all on the referee in my mind. I didn't look too close on the offsides call but I would trust the AR.

For most of us here who have good experience (playing or refereeing) the dirty tactic is pretty easy to identify. So did the referee bottle the first one or did he just not know. His positioning and lack of urgency to get to both incidents is a good indication of his experience and skills for me. So I'd say it was more of not knowing and less of bottling.

Wow, that's absolutely disgusting. Potential for criminal charges if there was an injury - and really, if that 2nd one had broken a leg, we could be seeing a test case against the referee as well there. There's a basic expectation of competence, and the ref didn't meet that.
Also, why is he giving the keeper a verbal warning if it wasn't even a foul?

Nothing spoke of competence here. Even his posture was poor, whistling was weak (one of my pet hates is referees who don't use their tongue to make a sharp start/end to the whistle), even when the red was issued he managed it weakly, sort of half jogged in, also didn't check on the player at all. Didn't look in control at all.

He might be somebody without much confidence - but you have to fake it in the field if that's the case.

this sort of assault by the keeper is the kind of suspension that should be measured in years, even though it was a miss. He deliberately tried to break somebody's leg.

For most of us here who have good experience (playing or refereeing) the dirty tactic is pretty easy to identify. So did the referee bottle the first one or did he just not know. His positioning and lack of urgency to get to both incidents is a good indication of his experience and skills for me. So I'd say it was more of not knowing and less of bottling.
Didn't know what? That running past the ball and jumping 2 footed at somebody is a foul??

Wow, that's absolutely disgusting. Potential for criminal charges if there was an injury - and really, if that 2nd one had broken a leg, we could be seeing a test case against the referee as well there. There's a basic expectation of competence, and the ref didn't meet that.
Also, why is he giving the keeper a verbal warning if it wasn't even a foul?

Nothing spoke of competence here. Even his posture was poor, whistling was weak (one of my pet hates is referees who don't use their tongue to make a sharp start/end to the whistle), even when the red was issued he managed it weakly, sort of half jogged in, also didn't check on the player at all. Didn't look in control at all.

He might be somebody without much confidence - but you have to fake it in the field if that's the case.

this sort of assault by the keeper is the kind of suspension that should be measured in years, even though it was a miss. He deliberately tried to break somebody's leg.

Didn't know what? That running past the ball and jumping 2 footed at somebody is a foul??
I would blame the person who put him there not the referee (not as much anyway). He has been given a game out of his depth.

It's all a matter of perspective. Hypothetically if this was his say 3rd game ever, would we think the same about him.

Everything he does in the vid indicates he is a new referee.

Attacker has over hit the ball and it's going out of play. Goalkeeper has made no contact with the attacker and therefore no foul. Seems to be the approach taken here.

That keeper is a knob. Would be tempting to send him off for an attempted head butt!
Oh that 2nd one? I'm 100% in favour of a red card here, and a penalty kick. Especially given the 'come at me' gesturing. He leapt at the knees of the opponent. Extremely dangerous - and the antagonistic gesturing before just proves that it was a deliberate and aggressive act. Even without that gesture, it's a red - but that just really sells it (and you would definitely include that in your report).
And, quite literally, it's a flying headbutt. He's walking.
The first one....I could accept not doing much about it, except maybe a word at the next chance. It was minimal enough that a decision doesn't HAVE to be made, IMO.

Oh that 2nd one? I'm 100% in favour of a red card here, and a penalty kick. Especially given the 'come at me' gesturing. He leapt at the knees of the opponent. Extremely dangerous - and the antagonistic gesturing before just proves that it was a deliberate and aggressive act. Even without that gesture, it's a red - but that just really sells it (and you would definitely include that in your report).
And, quite literally, it's a flying headbutt. He's walking.
The first one....I could accept not doing much about it, except maybe a word at the next chance. It was minimal enough that a decision doesn't HAVE to be made, IMO.
Yes, referring to the second one.
100% agree with you.
If that happened in one of my games I don’t think I’d believe my eyes!

I only saw this sort of 'preying mantis' type tackle a few times (3-4) in my whole career and all of them got dismissed (never a keeper though). They are extremely dangerous and the player should take no further part in proceedings. I remember a 20 year old(ish) doing this in a game after being robbed of the ball in a tackle and so he 'went' for the player in this similar fashion. He was dumbstruck that i'd spotted it and the lad on the floor was lucky to be walking off for treatment just limping!
A message to the newbies..... these tackles are an absolute no-no, and you should always relieve the perpetrator of his match participation... No ifs, buts or maybe's... bye bye....

Last edited:
Out of interest what would the restart be? In the clip there appears to be no contact. So would it be dismissal and then IDFK?

Back