A&H

Different shorts and socks!

MonRef89

Level 5 Referee
Hi guys.

Was reffing a U14 QF last Saturday. It was a demolishing really and with 10 minutes to go the team (leading 8-0 at this point) sent on a sub who was the sub GK to play up front. He had an outfield top but still wore is GK shorts and socks which were of different colour to his teammates.

Now I wasn't sure what I was to do and whether I should allow him on due to the kit issues but seeing as it was 8-0 and the other team did not complain I let him come on. He scored in the last minute to make it 9-0 haha!!

Anyways, was I wrong to allow him on? Should I have asked him to change his socks and shorts? Its roll on roll off subs in that league too so its really hard to keep track!

Cheers for any help!

The Referee Store
there's laws and there's 'common sense' :)

in the same way that it was decided that only games in the top 8 tiers of english football should mark the hillsborough anniversary by kicking off at 3:07 p.m., some lotg should only be applied at a certain level and to hell with blue tape on white socks below the ryman's....as worn by several girls in the sussex schools u13's final last night....though i did draw the line at wristbands

As Haywain said, sometimes it doesn't hurt to use a little but of common sense. As long as the socks and shorts don't clash with the opposition I'd let it go.

Back