A&H

Defender down with cramp

SM

The avuncular one
A defender goes down with cramp in his own penalty area. Play continues down the other end of the fop.

The goal keeper provides some assistance/treatment to the down player.

At the next break in play, the ref notices the down player and comes over, by which time the player gets up and the ref signals to the bench not to send on treatment (who has started waddling over)

Does the player still need to leave the fop?

The Referee Store
No, as no official has come on to treat there is no requirement for the player to leave. Up to the official entering the FOP the referee is assessing the injury.

That is what I always thought. I reread the LOTG this morning to double check.

Was informed yesterday that the player has to leave the FOP as he had received treatment. :)

What if the goalkeeper is the physio and treated him using equipment out of his physio bag kept behind the goal?

I had a game couple of weeks ago where defender takes a knock to his ankle, play was already stopped so i hold up restart, i go to player and he gets up and says hes ok so play goes on. If somebody comes on and when he gets to injured player and doesn't need treatment i'm happy for him to stay on. Head injuries no matter how slight in my book is compulsory they go off ...... just to make sure...

You have asked him if he wants treatment, signalled for the relevant first aid badge holder to waddle on, by the time he gets to the injured player he then says he doesn't want treatment?

As soon as you authorise the doc/ physio/first aided/fat chap with a bottle on water onto he fop, the player must go off.

I always love how water is some sort of magic tonic.

Back injury 'pour some water on it'

Studded foot 'pour some water on it'

Knee injury 'pour some water on it'

Broken leg 'pour some water on it'

Years ago it was the "magic" sponge. Which was placed on your gentlemans baubles as a cure all for nearly every injury! Certainly focussed your mind!

In these blood borne virus conscious days, we don't see this anymore. Bucket of water, tatty old bath sponge, goods a good 'un :D

I always love how water is some sort of magic tonic.

Back injury 'pour some water on it'

Studded foot 'pour some water on it'

Knee injury 'pour some water on it'

Broken leg 'pour some water on it'

And stopping play to check what you think might be a serious injury - amazing what healing impact that has!

Back